View Single Post
Old 06-25-2008, 03:01 AM   #6
Mormon Red Death

Mormon Red Death is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
for the rest of the year. All used up to subsidize summer camp.

Even though the ward paid for my scout camp fee, I'm probably going to be out over $200 paying for gas and other campers fees that couldn't afford to go. It might reach $300. Not to mention the value of a week's vacation.

Where is the money going to come from for the rest of BSA activities in the year? Mostly out of my pocket.

I'm going to charge parents for their kids merit badges. Pay in advance. No $, no merit badges.

They are going to miss me when I move away. Which will hopefully be in a couple months.
Why don't you insist that the ward/stake reimburse you for the Gas and Camper's fee? Instead of making the parents pay make the church pay. Have a frank conversation with your bishop on why you need these dollars. Come to a yearly amount that you feel is neccessary to run the troop (probably 1k). If he refuses then you should refuse to do anything. Either that or you can discount your tithing for your expenses. If they ever refused to reimburse me I would do option 2 in a second and not think twice. Of course when I was in YM they reimbursed me for my gas and all things associated with campouts.