View Single Post
Old 06-27-2008, 04:27 AM   #19
DrumNFeather
Active LDS Ute Fan

DrumNFeather is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSizzle36 View Post
Here is where I disagree. How many former BYU Football players have nothing but respect for Lavell? How many former Ute basketball players had issues with Majerus? There is no denying Majerus' success as a basketball coach at the U, however, the general respect for Lavell from EVERYBODY (how many people can you think of that don't respect Lavell and what he did?) combined with some of the disdain for Majerus, combined with the way Majerus left and his career shortly after (USC, then not, then St. Louis) further cements Lavell over Majerus IMO.
I am no Majerus defender, but I would say that most, if not all of the players that made it through his program respect Majerus.

Sure, occasionally someone will post on CB that they met Britton or Jeff Johnson in the bathroom of a Wendey's and the Johnsons naturally pour their heart out about how much they wished they'd gone to BYU and how much they hate Majerus to this complete stranger. But other than that, most of the negative remarks about Majerus I've read have come from former players that quit his program...and Gordon Monson.

I think comparing the two is apples/oranges anyway, but I tend to believe that you'd find former Lavell guys that didn't make it through the program that might have a bad thing or two to say about Lavell...that is the nature of being a top notch coach, you can't keep everyone and you can't please everyone.
DrumNFeather is offline   Reply With Quote