View Single Post
Old 06-29-2008, 09:01 PM   #5
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahDan View Post
Well I wasn't one who was critical of anyone for living in NO, but might it have something to do with the fact that the people living in the flood plain aren't blaming their plight on a racists government? I agree that there is a racial component here.
So the people in the Midwest are just more "likable" and therefore can rebuild with the help of the government?

New Orleans has been devastated by Katrina level flooding only twice in its history now. The Midwest seems to get hit with massive flooding around once every 10-15 years. I have no problem with either them or the people in New Orleans rebuilding- it is their home, and no matter where you live you are at risk for a catastrophic event (like SLC which would be totally destroyed in a massive earthquake as the sandy base of the valley would liquify and sink, the Great Salt Lake would then flood the valley, and the homes and buildings in the region would be crushed).

I just wanted to point out the sheer hypocrisy of those who complained so vociferously about the people rebuilding in New Orleans.
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote