View Single Post
Old 06-30-2008, 02:48 PM   #32
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
Uh, yeah, what's wrong with that?

You want to say it is very much about race. I disagreed and laid out my case. I'm waiting for yours.
How am I supposed to argue with "Myboynoah just likes Midwesterners better?" You can like them more all you want. The question is why shouldn't the government help both equally? Being likable certainly isn't a precondition to government assistance.

Quote:
Well, I do, as well as many of my neighbors, so I guess "nobody" is a bit hyperbolic. Since I do, I will not have much sympathy (in terms of financial loss) for those that don't.
Nobody is obviously an exaggeration, but feel free to show me any study that suggests a moderate or high percentage of people in SLC, Memphis or St. Louis have earthquake insurance. If you do, you are certainly the exception to the rule (and I think you know it too).

Quote:
If such an event happened its sounds as if there would be few homes left to be crushed by this wall of water. Let's get real. It is much more likely that another hurricane will hit New Orleans than the type of earthquake you describe hitting SLC. As for the insurance issue, I've stated my case.
Who cares how many homes are crushed by the Great Salt Lake as opposed to the liquifying of the city basin? The point I am making isn't that the Great Salt Lake will crush more homes, it is that the city will be devastated by the earthquake and the Great Salt Lake will finish off what the actual earthquake damage doesn't. This type of earthquake is predicted to hit SLC within the next 30-50 years, according to experts. New Orleans, if history is a guide, won't be hit with a Katrina-like storm for another 150 years or so.
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote