View Single Post
Old 07-04-2008, 11:07 PM   #39
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
The point is, you engage in rhetorical demagoguery. People who don't like my sloppy hypothesis are haters. That's demagoguery and you know it.

I'm certain a study can be designed to show anything an author wants it to show. Studies in the social sciences and in the sciences of the mind are really not that reliable unless a consensus of studies establish the fact, given the errors of designing studies to eliminate author bias. Because you already possess a bias, I doubt you could design an unbiased, impartial study which would be revelatory.
First you say that I came to an unwarranted conclusion. I came to no conclusion.

Then you say that I am not allowed to state a hypothesis, despite the fact that hypotheses are often where science starts, and are highly accepted as a method in science.

And now you say the science that I or anyone else could come up with isn't worth anything anyway.

Thanks for playing. I think you struck out and it's time to sit at the end of the bench.

All you have done is muck up this thread with distortions and untruths, in a way worse than Rocky pre-2005. And that is saying something.

Last edited by MikeWaters; 07-04-2008 at 11:13 PM.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote