View Single Post
Old 07-04-2008, 11:11 PM   #18
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
If Kobe had no teams to play and no teams existed to visit Staples or no other teams could afford to pay players anything comparable to Kobe's pay because all teams existed in a pure "capitalist" system and had to make a bottom line like most of us do, do you think Kobe would make $21 million or whatever his salary is? They all feed from the same trough.

In any event, here are about 250,000 google hits about public financing of Staples. I doubt your office building was financied with municipal bonds uless you work at Staples or the airport.

http://www.google.com/search?source=...=Google+Search
Your first link references the munis, which were never at issue. You yourself said munis are financing, not subsidy. Or are you changing your tune?

The second, third, etc....links are all about development in the AREA around Staples.....the neighborhood. LOL.

You missed the board entirely, Helen Keller.

If you assertion is true and you really beleive that anyone who works in a building financed by munis is being paid by tax dollars, then I guess you, me, and everyone else is paid by the state. At that point, I am not sure what the relevance is of singling out NBA players. Why not actors? Lawyers? Doctors? everyone is guilty, I guess. Good point.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote