View Single Post
Old 06-22-2006, 11:39 PM   #23
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonewallperry
That's the best you've got? Not even an attempt? Wow, clearly it's hard because what you're saying isn't lining up real well with it.
No, I think I addressed it above. When prophets are in fact "speaking for the Lord" what they say is indeed scripture. You are clearly implying that prophets are infallible and are speaking for Lord in all circumstances. I think you are wrong.

If you don't take my word for it, here is what Brigham Young said:

"I am more afraid that this people have so much confidence in their leaders that they will not inquire for themselves of God whether they are led by Him. I am fearful they settle down in a state of blind self-security, trusting their eternal destiny in the hands of their leaders with a reckless confidence that in itself would thwart the purposes of God in their salvation, and weaken the influence they could give to their leaders, did they know for themselves, by the revelations of Jesus, that they are led in the right way. Let every man and woman know, by the whisperings of the Spirit of God to themselves, whether their leaders are walking in the path the Lord dictates, or not." (Discourses of Brigham Young, John A Widtsoe, pg. 136).