View Single Post
Old 07-07-2008, 11:12 PM   #41
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Tick View Post
My problem with the whole thing...(as a resident Californian)

I don't really care if gay people get married. I don't see how it is going to affect my family or harm my children. So far they are both straight. They are going to marry young men that are straight. And they will have kids.

How does two guys having sex and having a piece of paper on the wall harm us? They aren't going to be doing it with me, my wife, or my daughters.

Secondly...

I don't like sitting in PEC on Sunday and having a member of the Stake Presidency giving us a piece of paper from www.protectfamily.com and asking us to give of our means what we can. From as little as 50 to as much as 5K. You can also give more or less with the "other" section.

The paper asks for Stake and Ward information also when you donate so the church can see how much money is coming from where.

Then they spend 10 minutes in Sacrament meeting talking about it over the pulpit and asking the ward members to please give what they can to the cause.

I am not giving a dime...at the same time I am not going to bust anyones balls if they do.
We're getting the pitch next week. Not sure how I am going to react. I have decided to wait and see what they say.