View Single Post
Old 07-11-2008, 05:48 AM   #6
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levin View Post
At his two-year check up, the doctor checked his ears and everything was fine. I am hoping it is something like that. My wife's been with the boys at home for a nice long summer vacation, but we have a doctor's visit planned when she gets back next week. SU, the doctor didn't seem particularly concerned and just told us to monitor his speech. But 6 months for a two-year old with not a single word is a long time.

My son has always been very shy. When he was a six-month year old, he would turn his head away shyly and snuggle into our arms when anybody smiled at him. At 18 months, whenever somebody would talk to him on the playground, he'd run over and plant his head in our laps. At two, when my brother gave him a little tease, he dropped to the ground and planted his face. When he hasn't seen me after a few days being gone on business or whatever, he gets a shy face and turns away. And he's never been a noise-maker. He was just a very sweet, very quiet little boy. My theory has been that he is extra shy and does not try to assert himself by trying to talk; a personality thing. But I'm thinking that belief may have been silly on my part and perhaps motivated by how much I adore his shy sweetness.
If your doctors have checked and done tests and nothing is wrong, enjoy your little boy's sweet personality. Milestone Paranoia for children is out of control these days.

In all my life, I have never met adults who couldn't walk, talk, eat with utensils, or use the bathroom.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote