View Single Post
Old 07-11-2008, 06:17 AM   #9
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

My daughter was 10 weeks premature so since her birth she has been monitored to see how she develops with therapists. She's 2 1/2 now, but right before she turned 2 we had a therapist come into our home and we were very encouraged by the results. She too is behind in her verbal communication but scored very high in other areas of development. At the time of testing she only had about 8 words in her vocabulary and this has steadily increased since then. It did seem that she hit a plateau for awhile and even now she and we have grown frustrated with our inability to communicate. But she has started repeating things including the last word of every sentence when we pray with her.

All kids develop at different paces and like our little girl, though she doesn't have a great vocabulary she can do many other things better than many others. I'd have him checked just to make sure there isn't anything physically impeding his development and if that checks out, just work with him and love him.

My wife says to tell your children what you want them to be and they will be.

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote