View Single Post
Old 07-12-2008, 05:40 AM   #12
Anthesian

Anthesian is on a distinguished road

I will write my essay. I will unmercifully tear down the teachings of the church against gay and lesbian Mormons like myself. I will point out the contradictions of the Family Proclamation. I will, as many others, hold the church and its bigotry accountable for the deaths of hundreds of gay latter-day (s)aints. I lost 3 friends. 3 very good friends who were rejected by their families who supposedly endorsed the Family Proclamation. Where was their beloved proclamation when their children cried themselves to sleep at night? Where was their proclamation during their child's suffering? Where was their proclamation when they turned away their own blood? It's bullshit!

Wanna know how I feel about that revelatory document? It's full of shit. It was a talk given in a Women's Conference shortly after the civil union conflict in Hawaii. How convenient of Pres. Hinckley to receive revelation on the fly, right? Right?!?

The gospel of Jesus Christ is true. The LDS church, when infected by man natured prejudice, ceases its ability to act as a divinely called institution.

With Love,
Dwayne
Anthesian is offline   Reply With Quote