View Single Post
Old 07-15-2008, 02:48 AM   #2
pelagius

pelagius is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
I should have chimed in earlier, but an important point to bring out about Korihor is that the only sin he is specificly accused of committing is leading the people into whoredoms.
Not sure I agree so you might need to explain what you mean more fully. I think he gets accused of lots of sins in the narrative. Alma certainly accuses him of lying in several places and the priest in verse 22 accuses him of what I would call sins but maybe you could say they fall under the umbrella of leading the people into whoredoms. In some sense leading the people into whoredoms is a pretty general charge.

Do you mean "sins" as formal charges in the trial ... I'm actually not sure he is accused of any thing in the trial in a formal sense... The law is silent in the whole thing ... this is emphasized by the fact the the judges never speak in the narrative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
And he is the great sign seeker of the BofM.

Then you cue TPJS pages 157 and 287 and you have taught nearly everyone something new.
I certainly would not be bothered if someone used those quotes in Sunday school but I would never use them personally. Fortunately, they are not canonized so I can continue to view those statements as misreadings of Matt 12:39. Would those quotes be new info to most people? Yes, I suspect you are right.

Last edited by pelagius; 07-15-2008 at 03:07 AM.
pelagius is offline   Reply With Quote