View Single Post
Old 07-15-2008, 05:20 AM   #4
pelagius

pelagius is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
I don't find any other sins he is accused of committing outside of the whoredoms in v. 18.

It seems that the blaspheme of v. 30 is not a crime as defined in v. 7-11 but would probably be a sin. But this and any lying he does before Alma are sins of the moment, during the debate with Alma.

Do you find any other sins he is accused of prior to the sins during the discussion with Alma?
Sure, verse 22. He is accused of perverting the ways of the Lord. That is a more general accussation than leading down into whoredoms but it strikes me as a sin. It certainly includes the whoredom accusation but it is more general than that (as I think the general context suggests). I am not objecting to the sexual sin angle per say (except for the all sign seekers are fornicaters part but I have already noted my objection to that idea). I am objecting to its elevation and exclusion of other themes. I think it is clear there are other important themes.

Also, I think Alma's accusations are relevant. He accuses Korihor of some sins. They are part of the narrative.

This narrative cannot be summarized as "Korihor Goes Wild -> Seeks for Sign. Order now, only 4 Senums" The narrative is far richer than that.

Last edited by pelagius; 07-15-2008 at 05:24 AM.
pelagius is offline   Reply With Quote