View Single Post
Old 07-15-2008, 12:42 PM   #44
marsupial

marsupial is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
First of all, let's cut the crap. EVERYONE notices everyone else's body at the pool or beach. You may not verbalize the critiques or observations, but you definitely make them. Everyone does.

That being said, you are correct. The last thing women need to see at the pool is some dude taking off his shirt and causing a flabalanche. Also, hairy backs work well on apes and mammoths, not humans.

Second, I don't think that a figure has to be perfect, but people need to be honest with themselves.

A note to pregnant women.......there are maybe 3 or 4 people on the planet who think your 3-trimester bellybutton is hot....and 2 or 3 of them are in jail for sex crimes. That being said, a pregnant woman is cool when she shows up at the beach and has the pregnancy glow. Doesn't mean that it is hot, but is IS cool.

For women that wear bikinis.....here is a rule of thumb...put your bikini on in your home and sit down on a chair or on the couch. If you get one stomach roll, go with it...everyone has some fat. If you have two rolls, proceed with caution...family members or friends only. If you have more than 3 rolls, wear the burka.

Sassy said it herself.....she doesn't want leering, but she wants attention. Nothing wrong with it, but you gotta roll with the punches. You cant pick and choose your attention.

For the guys who wear boardshorts....fellas, no matter how much you suck in the gut to get the velcro fly to close, it will eventually spill out into a nice, tasty muffin top. Do yourself a favor and go elastic waistband until you get your portable heart attack under control.

For the guys who wear elastic waistband (aka "trunks"), you are not kidding anyone. You are wearing them to contain the muffin top, so hiking the waist up a few inches higher is not fooling anyone.

I respect everyone's right to rock whatever gear they so choose. I am just saying that it is unrealistic to expect that others wont notice. The bigger issue...who cares if others critique?
I don't have a problem with people noticing when someone looks absolutely fabulous at the beach or when someone else looks not so great. I have a problem with this attitude that if a woman does not have the perfect body she somehow does not have the right to wear a swimsuit outside of her house. Those type of comments are cruel and arrogant, as if the only reason for a woman to go to the pool is to parade around as eye candy for the men.

I also noted that there is a double standard. You don't find women sitting around nit-picking at every body flaw of the men at the pool but many men act as if it is their responsibility to do this to women. Men can be bald, old, fat, hairy and gray and it's fine, but if a woman has a few dimples on her thighs she's disgusting and should be covered.