View Single Post
Old 07-17-2008, 05:29 PM   #35
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
Petite was clean and has never been accused of using. He was only accused of knowing about Clemens' using.

And Clemens has never failed a drug test (like Bonds has) and his head hasn't grown like Bonds or Sosa. If Clemens used, it was only late in his career to overcome injury, most likely.

While there might be an occasional pitcher who used, the vast majority are not suspected. In baseball it was the overwhelmingly power hitters who used.

In cycling, it is everyone. Surely you can admit that distinction.
I don't follow MLB like I do cycling, but I thought Petite admitted to tkaing HGH that had been prescirbned to his father and using it for himslef to speed his recovery. Is that incorrect?

I think you are kidding yourself when you say the MLB is limited to just a few guiys or just a few who are late in their careers. Cycling used ot say similar things. If these cyclists are willing to do this sort of cheating for salaries in the 100s of thousands a year (for most fothem) what would MLB guys do to extend theiur careers or raise their perfromance for Millions a year?

When you say it is everyone in cycling, what do you mena? Do I agree that everyone in cycling could benfit from drugs? Of course. Do you seriously contend that nto everyone in MLB could benefit from drugs? You must be joking if you do.