View Single Post
Old 07-21-2008, 02:42 PM   #9
Sleeping in EQ

Sleeping in EQ is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
I just started playing about five years ago but I love chess. I play on yahoo. Was really into it for a couple years and not much for the past few.

I hate closed games. I play Italian game usually on white and try to open up the middle.

My favorite is when they play d5 to e4 and then screw around with their queen roaming it all around the board while I develop.

Also I love trash talking on yahoo chess. Like I'll be castled up with e rank wide open and I'll say I'm gonna take your queen in 6 moves, and then jump my knight off with a discovered check.
I'll play the Italian game now and then. I used to play it more. Once in a while I still yen for the Fried Liver Attack.

You're right about the center-counter game. I know of one line that is playable (Vishi Anand played it some years ago), but anyone who isn't at least master level has no business messing with it. After white threatens black's queen, black should retreat the queen to d8. Black can then work to make good use of the d-file, but it's tough going.

I don't play online much. There are too many cheaters out there who have their Fritz or Chessmaster program running on another tab or right next to them, or who have their books open. Blitz games aren't so bad for that, but then I like more time to play.
"Do not despise the words of prophets, but test everything; hold fast to what is good; " 1 Thess. 5:21 (NRSV)

We all trust our own unorthodoxies.
Sleeping in EQ is offline   Reply With Quote