Thread: Lake Powell
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2008, 03:33 PM   #25
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSizzle36 View Post
My mom once rode the tube behind the houseboat from Slick Rock into Bullfrog marina. I believe my dad has Air Chaired behind the houseboat, although it was boring as hell but he did it just to say he did.

I can't imagine a Houseboat pulling a skiier. That would be a pretty funny sight.
Tubing I get. You cna tube at any speed. In fact, that could be quite relaxing as the last ride into the marina before you go home. I am surprised by an air chair....was it a smaller houseboat with less weight?

We have skied behind wave runners before....like you, it was just to say that we did it. If you are the skier, you never get pulled fast enough behind the wave runner, so it is harder to cut. And if you are towing, every time the skier cuts, there is this major lag on the wave runner. It is annoying.

I am picturing some 50 footer pulling a slalom....the guy has a graphite concept water ski, he is cutting through target bouys, the wake behind the houseboat is about 30 feet wide......then he falls. The flag goes up....and the houseboat takes about 20 minutes to do a full circle and get back to the skier to pick him up. Also, the houseboat is now out of gas.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote