View Single Post
Old 07-23-2008, 06:15 AM   #60
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelagius View Post
My guess is that whether you enjoyed the movie or not depends on the Joker. The joker's act became tedious for me by the second half of the film from both an action point of view and character point of view. Too many pseudo climaxes involving yet another explosion or sadistic confrontation. I also didn't think he was an interesting character (well at least not interesting enough to support his prominence in the film). I thought he was one dimmensional. I did think ledger's acting was quite good. Anyways, I suffered from Joker fatigue which is apparently a fairly rare syndrome. I also thought the interplay between Wayne, Dent, and Dawes was poorly written, rushed, flat, and not emotionally engaging.

Finally, I thought the movie failed as social commentary but that's a minor reason why I didn't enjoy the movie.
My beef about the Joker was the total lack of character development. How did he become the Joker? We never even really received a straight story on how he came to have the scars on his face.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote