View Single Post
Old 07-25-2008, 08:49 PM   #16
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
I'll tell you what I'll stack the hundreds of thousands of scientists who fall into the "We Should Do Something" Gore camp against the hundreds who fall into the "We Should Do Nothing" Bush camp and lets let the experts duke it out. Citing an article towards your side is not an argument. If I cite 10 on my side, is that an appropriate response? I let the scientists rebut his scientific arguments and provide a link for you when they do.

And you favor moving into renewable energy sources? Great. What actions do you propose the government take to encourage that move?

The thing that makes your side look like complete Neanderthals in this argument is that even if man has nothing to do with the cause of global warming, even if pollution does not raise the temperature a single degree there are compelling reasons to switch to solar, wind and geothermal--as you seem to agree. So why not spend your time promoting solar, wind and geothermal and stop fighting an irrelevant fight?
If there is no compelling need to supplant market mechanisms, why not wait for the market to make alternative sources economically viable?