View Single Post
Old 07-26-2008, 04:35 AM   #12
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
Let's see, Obama thinks the wealth should be spread out more evenly amongst all, be it those who take the financial risk to make the money or the labor used to provide the service or goods. He doesn't believe some should have/earn more than others.

That is Marxism.

Cali, spare me the condescension about thinking I don't know what it is. Perhaps it just bothers you that your Messiah is just this side of being a communist.

Adam, it's not good policy. If it were, it would work. Marxism leads to communism and that doesn't work. Don't think so? Look at the former Soviet Union for an example.

And Mike, unless I'm mistaken, the Book of Mormon also teaches us to not be slothful or lazy. Those who are not willing to do their part should not have as much as those who are.
Republicans also believe wealth should be spread out "more evenly amongst all." The difference between them and Obama is one of degree. Nothing in the statement you cited above indicates that he wants all wealth equally distributed and all means of production owned by the government. He indicates he wants the wealth more evenly distributed, and all you hear is "Marxism."

The entire progressive tax system is one that advocates a more even distribution of wealth. The existence of welfare is as well, among many other aspects of our civilization. To take the leap that any advocacy for a more even distribution of wealth equates to Marxism is laughable.
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote