View Single Post
Old 07-27-2008, 10:30 PM   #45
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
So all wards across California received the Prop 8 lesson today during P-hood, RS, and combined YM/YW. I cannot confirm if it actually happened statewide, but can confirm that it was supposed to happen.

Teachers were instructed to use a prior GC talk (i linked it previously) and tie it into Prop 8, but there was no set lesson.

I attended EQ and was basically underwhelmed....disappointed, actually.

A few people shared enlightening statistics: the decline of heterosexual marriage in Norway; another person referenced "all the studies" that show that gays sexually abuse their kids.

The teacher said that "things will get worse" if gay marriage comes to pass and cited things like "broken homes," "abortion," and "promiscuity."

One guy raised his hand and explained that his daughter is good friends with a girl who has lesbian parents. He said that this girl was one of the greatest, well-adjusted, bright children that he knows, and easily their favorite of all his daughter's friends. He said the mothers are also very nice and extremely involved in the life of their adopted daughter.

Kind of took the wind out of the lesson's sails.

The lesson ended with each of us taking a turn reading some selected chapter headings in Deuteronomy.....28, 29, etc....the ones that basically state that Israel was destroyed for disobedience and blessed for obedience. I guess that is the best we have on this topic at this point.
I love your misery. Love it.

My copy of Tropic of Cancer says on the back cover that the book was banned in the United States from its publicationin 1927 until 1961. That's how far we've come--Tropic of Cancer banned 47 years ago, a classsic today, no. 50 on the TIME 100 greatest novels.

Meanwhile, the LDS Church is still back there pre-1961. And it's getting routed. Annihilated. What I love about this--including the Gettysburgh analogy--is the self-delusion. This is a campaign doomed inevitably to fail, and absent the nightmare scenario. Than what? I'll tell you what, they'll assimilate rather than be pariahs, as always.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote