View Single Post
Old 07-28-2008, 10:43 PM   #8
Gidget

Gidget is on a distinguished road

I was a temple prep teacher in my singles ward, and we taught one lesson a week, and yes, a few people from church tried to freak me out. One person even said "Watch out when they throw the fish." Huh? Yeah, exactly. Some of the prep only made me feel more freaked out. That, and I didn't know in the few years prior to my endowment they had changed your clothing during the initiatory blessings, so I was expecting more of a draft. And when everything went smoothly, I didn't get what all the hype was about. I certainly feel that the experience is like no other, and even thought to myself, how could I not have heard about any of this before now (the night I went through). But all in all going back frequently has squashed any obscure feelings I might have had. I just tried to make my class formal enough to be reverent, but not so formal that people felt like they couldn't ask the crazy questions they wanted to. I was able to give pretty detailed answers, too, without botching my covenants, it was a pretty cool teaching the class all in all. Even had a few people say they thought everything discussed (from the manual, and personal/funny curiosities) was the perfect prep for their own endowment. That made me pretty happy.
I am a philosophical Goldilocks, always looking for something neither too big nor too small, neither too hot nor too cold, something jussssst right. I'll send you a card from purgatory. - PaloAltoCougar
Gidget is offline   Reply With Quote