View Single Post
Old 08-14-2008, 06:21 AM   #6
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
It was an interesting read, but I was hoping to read something new. It was the same stuff.

The overall layout was thus:

1. Religious argument
2. Blame gays for the bad acts of heterosexuals (divorce, abortion, single-parent households)
3. Re-emphasize religious argument
4. Predict calamity
5. Re-emphasize religious argument

Another question I have that I have yet to hear answered well......if homosexual marriage will increase the likelihood of gender confusion in children/teens, how do we explain the fact that pretty much all homosexuals today were raised in heterosexual households? I don't really see any distinct advantage in that particular area.

The repeated emphasis that children be raised by a father and mother is pointless. Gays are adopting the unwanted children that heterosexuals have basically tossed aside. Gays aren't having their own children. They are raising the children that straight people threw away.
This may be your best post ever.

I read this,

"The Church’s opposition to same-sex marriage neither constitutes nor condones any kind of hostility towards homosexual men and women. Protecting marriage between a man and a woman does not affect Church members’ Christian obligations of love, kindness and humanity toward all people,"

and couldn't help being reminded of this:

"I would be willing to let every Negro drive a Cadillac if they could afford it."--MEP

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote