View Single Post
Old 08-14-2008, 01:47 PM   #22
T Blue

T Blue is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Diamond Bay View Post
This is my opinion. I believe that when you sustain the church leaders, that's your chance to decide whether or not you're going to follow his counsel. You don't have the option of picking and choosing after that. I will also venture to say that the same stands for local leaders, so long as they are not opposition to the general church leadership.

I don't believe in selectively sustaining church leadership. If that's the way it works, why even bother sustaining them at all? What would be the point? I never raised my hand to sustain them with the idea that I was only going to support church leadership when I feel like it, or only so long as they do things my way.

Everybody screws up, but you should at least do your best to minimize the screw ups, and I'm doing my best.
Bingo!!!

You get it, unfortunately there are meny in here who don't.

Just as GBH said in your quote above, there is no room for gray areas in the Lords church, it's all black or white, either you are for God or you are against him. God is the one who has said that Homosexuality is an abomination, now man says that God is wrong.

Slippery slope trying to compare this to the LDS stance long ago on blacks, I can't seem to recall the good books telling us that God is against black people, yet there it is written about homosexuality being wrong.

Hate the sin not the sinner, and not allowing sinners to get a strangle hold on society is not about hating them, just not tolerating their actions, and letting them be given equal stature to Gods eternal plan for families.

Flame away but if you truly sustain the brethren in SLC you know that what they are saying is true concering this matter, and that Gods house is an house of order.
T Blue is offline   Reply With Quote