View Single Post
Old 08-14-2008, 02:46 PM   #19
Gidget

Gidget is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
what does blame have to do with whether the govt. should fund it?

How old is he? 11yo? If a kid tried to make a homemade firework and got hurt, the govt. should step in and say "while you would otherwise qualify for medicaid, because you did something stupid, we are not paying a nickle."

Really, whether the govt. pays for it or not, YOU are still paying for his care. In either the form of higher taxes, or higher insurance premiums as hospitals charge more for insured patients to cover the difference.
I guess I didn't understand why the whole issue of Medicaid coverage was being brought up in the first place then (a result of this particular incident), because the boy will likely need continual medical care that is extremely expensive? There are plenty of things Medicaid covers that are EXTREMELY expensive all the time? Why this particular boys injury coverage by Medicaid is up for debate is escaping me.
I am a philosophical Goldilocks, always looking for something neither too big nor too small, neither too hot nor too cold, something jussssst right. I'll send you a card from purgatory. - PaloAltoCougar
Gidget is offline   Reply With Quote