View Single Post
Old 07-03-2006, 04:25 PM   #13
fusnik11

fusnik11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by All-American
No trap intended, it's just an argument I came across and was curious as to what you all thought.
Allowing homosexuals the ability to legalize a union is not going to affect heterosexuals who get married.

The quote seemed to imply that if we allow gays to get married, it will lead to the frustration of the Lord's plan to exalt, since when did homosexuals hold the key to the fruition of the Lord's plan? Why if 2% of the country is required the chance to legalize their relationship would the 98% be adversely affected? Why would homosexuals being married frustrate LDS morals and standards? How is homosexual marriage going to affect baptism rates?

I see it as such a non-issue that it makes me sad the church has made it an issue.

I live in a dying city, the leadership is inept, the citizenship doesn't care, and in many situations in the city the church is the saving grace for a large group of people. The stake center is full of people who come dressed in jeans and tee shirts requesting church assistance, all the while drug dealers are making deals in front of the chapel. Would a church issued letter, endorsed by the presidency requesting we follow the tenents of Christ to love our neighbors do more good than Elder Nelson flying to Washington DC to fight this issue? I think it would.....
fusnik11 is offline   Reply With Quote