View Single Post
Old 08-18-2008, 04:25 PM   #26
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERCougar View Post
No, the majority of gays (and straights) don't "choose" to be gay or straight. However, there's a significant population who fall in the middle of the continuum who do choose their team, so to speak. I know several women (one a close friend) who had a lesbian phase (lengthy, and beyond just experimentation) and is now happily married to a man. I would call her legitimately bisexual. Curiously, I don't know any men who have gone from gay to straight, but I imagine that is due more to the incredible societal pressure on a man to at least try to be straight from the beginning; if they're openly gay, they've likely already tried the straight route.

Waters is likely right--there are likely a host of LDS men who are gay/bisexual and in hetero relationships. I think the church, to their credit, has certainly shifted in their advice to these men, from "fake it till you make it" to celibacy.
Concerning your first paragraph, if accurate you aren't suggesting this is an argument for amending the constitution to ban gay marriage, I trust?

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote