View Single Post
Old 08-20-2008, 07:10 PM   #6
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ute4ever View Post
Handicapped people go without sex. Same with fat and ugly people. Nuns and monks choose to.

That response may sound cruel but my point is, there have been people since the dawn of time who have never had any hope of physical companionship. However, back in those days, I don't know how inundated they were with SEX SEX SEX all over the "media."

Experts argue that it is a very human need; yet some people face a lifetime of living without a variety of human needs.

So for a homosexual to have to live a lifetime without sexual relations probably feels cruel and unusual, but I don't think impossible is an accurate term. (But what do I know or you know, because we are both thinking outside of that box).

Here's another analogy that may sound cruel:
If a chain smoker needs to overcome smoking, he shouldn't hang out at smoke-filled bars or around smoking friends. Although it would be very difficult to escape all-things-tobacco, there are various measures he can take.
But do they not masturbate?

Incidentally, just like infants and little kids masturbate, the mentally handicapped often do as well often in indiscrete ways. Sometimes the self-stimulation is very regressed--such as "diggers", those that stimulate their anus sometimes to the point of bleeding.

Also it seems that a lot fewer of the cloth than we thought actually chose celibacy.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote