View Single Post
Old 08-26-2008, 10:50 PM   #13
BarbaraGordon

BarbaraGordon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
Agree with this. If Romney is such a great "play" why'd he get flattened in the primary, by a pretty lackluster and underfunded field, and with a huge head start and a lot more money? Romney was never in the race. His big wins were Michigan and Massachusettes, neither likely to go for the GOP anyway.
Seattle, you're being silly. They're not considering running Romney for prez again. He bombed that attempt big time. They just need somebody who can tip the scales in a couple of the battleground states. Romney can deliver the most swingers.

And Michigan is not unlikely for the GOP. Massachusetts, well, that's another matter.

It's no secret I wasn't a big fan of Romney on his own. He's got more flip-flops than the shoe department at Old Navy, and he uses way too much hair gel. But as a VP possibility, if the church members will turn out for him (and I assume they will), he's McCain's best option.

I hear Palin mentioned but I don't think she offers much. She's cute and very pro-life, but she doesn't swing any states.
BarbaraGordon is offline   Reply With Quote