View Single Post
Old 08-27-2008, 06:04 PM   #22
Sleeping in EQ

Sleeping in EQ is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
Now that she has been involved in politics, we'll never know because her persona is constructed for a particular effect. Thus, we have reason to be skeptical of any aspect of her persona publicly displayed for our viewing pleasure. IOW, how can we know what aspect is genuine and what aspect is artifice, as we must assume all politics is artifice unless examined more closely in scholarly detail. To do otherwise, would allow oneself to be duped into believing the charades of the puppet masters.
No doubt. Out of curiosity I looked up her involvement in ballet. Apparently, her interest goes back to when she was a toddler and she now serves on the board of the School of American Ballet. I see little political value in such service, but I'm sure it can be woven into the web of Clinton conspiracy.

When she's stumping for her mom or something she certainly invites scrutiny. But Rush Limbaugh asking, "Did you know there's a White House dog?" and then holding up a picture of 13-year old Chelsea on his TV show was just cruel. David Shuster declaring she was "pimped out" in Hillary's campaign was also pretty thoughtless.
"Do not despise the words of prophets, but test everything; hold fast to what is good; " 1 Thess. 5:21 (NRSV)

We all trust our own unorthodoxies.
Sleeping in EQ is offline   Reply With Quote