View Single Post
Old 08-29-2008, 05:20 PM   #26
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
Michigan has athletes thats the bottom line, no matter what system you run athletes make plays.

Look at the past 3 years recruiting:

Brandon Minor- 4 star recruit
Carlos Brown- 4 star recruit
- Both will play a lot at running back.

Tony Clemons
Zion Babb
J.R. Hemingway
- all 4 star receiver recruits, Hemingway is a stud and will be a handful for any secondary.

Martavius Odoms- legit 4.4 receiver
Michael Shaw- one of the biggest running back recruits in the country will play RB and slot receiver
Sam Mcguffie- we have all seen his highlight videos he is unbelievable and has been stellar during camp so far.

Daryl Stonum- 4 star wideout that played in the US army all-american game, ran a sub 4.4 during camp.

Steven Threet who is competing for the starting QB job was the #9 QB in the country according to rivals and a 4 star recruit.

You also seem to be forgetting that Michigan has one of the best defenses in teh Big 10 if not the country. I think people are underrated them a little bit.
The talent they have certainly hasn't translated to their on field performance during the Lloyd Carr era.

Will that change in the Rodriguez era? Yeah probably,,,but it isn't going to happen overnight.

Michigan will have a pretty good defense, but one of the best in the country? Sorry, but I disagree with that...it's a defense that last year gave up larege chunks of points against the teams they played with Spread Offenses. Last year they gave up 39, 34 and 35 points to teams that ran the spread.

I don't care how many stars of a QB Steven Threet is...the fact is the guy hasn't taken a D-I snap and isn't a spread option QB. He is not the right QB for that system. The only way Michigan wins tomorrow is if they can exploit the middle of Utah's Defense and are able to control the clock and chew up yardage on the ground.

I won't be shocked if Michigan wins tomorrow, because like Bronco, KWhit has yet to prove his teams can beat a mediocre BCS team on the road.

But I will say that if Michigan scores more than 17 points tomorrow I will be surprised. You can have all the athletes in the world, but if they don't have a QB that can run that complicated of a system,,, then it simply won't matter as much. Not too mention their O-line is in a world of hurt. Who cares if their Wide Receivers are studs if they don't have a QB that can get them ball?

And It will not be an upset if Utah wins.

Last edited by RockyBalboa; 08-29-2008 at 05:25 PM.
RockyBalboa is offline   Reply With Quote