View Single Post
Old 08-29-2008, 08:19 PM   #85
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon View Post
y'all dismiss Cali all you want. But McCain has made quite a gamble here.

With Obama having pissed off Hillary supporters (as of Sunday the number of former Hillary-ers saying they'll vote for McCain was at 27% and rising), McCain stands a great chance to swing these voters. He doesn't even really have to say anything.

But then he goes and picks up one of the most passionate pro-lifers in politics? He may have alienated more women than he picked up with his VP choice.
This presupposes all Hillary supporters are passionately pro-choice. This pick goes after women like two friends of my wife. Both are suburban moms and for the most part, conservative. They are also both professionals, although taking time to raise children. They wanted Hillary all along. Why? Because she is a woman. That was it, they wanted to see a woman elected.

Not a big sample size, I know, but I wonder how many suburban women out there feel the same.

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote