View Single Post
Old 08-31-2008, 02:44 PM   #25
All-American

All-American is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to All-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
The turnovers were very dissapointing. I wonder if Bronco's limited practice contact policy is to blame.

Without the turnovers this is a much bigger blowout than it was (two fumbles turned into TDs). Offense moved the ball at will, sometimes quite spectacularly. Pitta is a beast, as in UNgA. Everytime Max takes a shot, I cringe. He looked a bit loopy there for a minute.

Mike may be right about the LBs, but overall, the defense shut down UNI, NIU, or whatever they are called.

I watched a bit of Locker last night against Oregon. Very mobile and quite the rusher. His receivers dropped half the passes he threw to them. The guy scares me.
Bronco mentioned the fumbles on the radio show last night, and looked at each one. He suggested that it probably wasn't a contact issue, so much as an issue of experience and touches. One fumble was JJ DiLuigi's first handoff in college. Another was to Wayne Latu, who has had fewer repetitions in spite of his seniority. A third was a quarterback-center exchange, with which contact has little to do. The fumble in the end zone on the quarterback hit . . . aggravating, but you generally don't let your team hit the quarterback anyway. A glaring protection issue, but I don't think contact in practice does much to help that either.

No contact in practice doesn't seem to have been a problem. Much more disconcerting, though, is the alacrity with which we have gone from having three solid running backs to no available running backs (when Harvey's ankle was being worked on in the third). How on earth did THAT happen?