View Single Post
Old 09-04-2008, 01:51 PM   #2
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ma'ake View Post
I'm not a physician. But working at the cancer institutue I've seen too many people I know come in, and eventually not conquer this nasty disease.

McCain does not look well to me. I know, I know... by no means am I trying to make a diagnosis here. I'm only going on observation on TV & gut feel.

I'm not trying to sway anyone's vote here - nobody here is undecided, and we're a tiny microcosm, anyway. But I really think we'll look back on this election & realize it was all about Obama vs Palin. None of us know who will win.

Obama is light on experience in some ways, no question. But through his rhetoric - which he writes himself - we're gotten a glimpse of his intellectual capacity. The guy is bright. And through this campaign the guy has shown an ability to deal with extended amounts of stress. Who can disagree?

Palin has come out of nowhere, and besides being pretty unknown, I get the sense that she's pretty lightweight... charismatic, charming, fairly bright, but really, lightweight. I think we can all agree her track record under the spotlight is miniscule.

Like I said, I'm not trying to sway anyone here. But if McCain wins I think everyone will look back & say "what were we thinking?" We got Bush through brilliant electionering. Does this process reall work well?

On a lighter side, the contest looks like a nail biter. As does the football season.
I disagree with your assertion that Obama writes all of his speeches. Wow. What a bald-faced lie.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote