Thread: Truth
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2008, 12:36 AM   #39
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardiacCoug View Post
Yeah, but the bizarre part to me is that he stood all alone in his vote, if I understand correctly. I can only assume he wanted to maintain his 100% pro-choice "rating" or something.

People who hold unwaveringly to specific ideologies (on the right or the left) even when they fly in the face of all logic are scary, and this vote makes me wonder if Obama is one of those people.
Understood and yes, Obama is one of these people. That he would support infanticide should confirm it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon
Let's say you're a young politician with a bright career ahead of you. Even if you're pro-choice you should be able to see the long-term ramifications of being the SOLE opponent of legislation to provide life-sustaining care for infants who accidentally survive abortion procedures, without even NARAL to back you up. There's nothing to be gained from that vote.
Perhaps I'm mistaken, but isn't NARAL a one issue political group? If even this group that seems to only care about a woman's right to abort a pregnancy doesn't agree with Obama on this, you are correct that it is indefensible.

Or should I again say evil?

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote