View Single Post
Old 09-08-2008, 06:03 PM   #10
Hazzard

Hazzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
4. The middle backers were awful, Bauman, Doman and Ah You all struggled and overall did not play a good game.
Bauman, Doman and Ah You are listed, respectively, at 232, 232, and 227 pounds in the media guide. I think those weights are each inflated by about 10 pounds. And whatever they say their 40 times are, you can go ahead and add another 2-tenths. We have small, slow linebackers who are going to struggle all year.

I think it might be time to bring in the younger, more athletic DB's, too, but I doubt Bronco will make any rash decisions on that front. He'll wait until they are clearly more consistent in practice than the current starters before he throws them out there.

Before the season, I figured we would probably lose one game (either vs. UCLA, Utah, or TCU). Now I think we'll lose two or three -- and maybe one of them will be against a team like Air Force or New Mexico. Our defense is going to get better, but we aren't going to get THAT much better. I will be very happy with a two- or three-loss season. With a struggling defense, that's probably the best we can hope for and I'll take it.
Hazzard is offline   Reply With Quote