View Single Post
Old 09-09-2008, 03:57 PM   #37
Coonass

Coonass is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERCougar View Post
1) I actually did give quite a bit more this last year, as I made more money. I'd wager I give a larger percentage of my income than you do, based on averages.

Well I guess if you made more money than me then maybe you're right. Whoopee.

2) I'm not asking for tax cuts or rebate checks or anything, with the claim that I will direct my money more efficiently to help the poor. Those who make this claim better at least give a portion of that recent tax break they got to charitable organizations. I'm still waiting to hear from the first one who did this...

YOu evidently like social programs from government. I'm just asking if you donated any to government over and above what was required? I did what was required. But I feel like I'm a big enough boy to understand what needs to go where not some bureaucrat. You honestly believe government is the most efficient way to go?

3) I stand to be hurt more than most by Obama's tax plan (marginal tax increase of around 10%, while watching most everyone else get tax cuts), yet I'm still considering voting for him. So spare me the "you just want more of my money to waste" rhetoric.
Don't expect everyone else to like it just cause you do.
Coonass is offline   Reply With Quote