View Single Post
Old 09-09-2008, 05:19 PM   #26
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBlue View Post
I skipped that quote when I taught that lesson years ago. I recently was in attendance when this lesson was taught in our ward and the instructor began reading the quote and then said "oops, I had this marked as don't read, never mind guys". I think many people leave out that quote. IIRC, the quote also advises that we marry within our own socioeconomic status as well. It's definitely one for the trash bin.
If the Church wanted to get serious about preparing kids for real marriage issues, they should promote the following Top 10 Marriage Counsel tips:

1. Marry within your same or similar sex drive/fettish
2. Marry within non-conflicting sports allegiances
3. Marry within your own weight class
4. If you marry up a level in the money category, you lose the right to complain about most things
5. If you marry up in the looks category, you lose the right to complain about most things....also, you need to make good money.
6. Prior to marriage, spend some time with your future mother in law. If, after spending several hours together, you still secretly wish to have sex with your future MIL, then go ahead and marry your fiancee.....because that is what she will likely look and act like in 25 years.
7. Decide beforehand how many kids you both want to have. Subtract 1 from the number the man estimates and add 2 to the number the woman estimates. If you are both comfortable with those numbers, then proceed.
8. For the men: 4 months prior to marriage, ask your roommates to get upset with you, without notice, for trivial things. Have them do this twice daily. If, after 4 months, you are ok with this treatment, proceed.
9. For the women: 4 months prior to marriage, ask your female roommates to stop doing anything around your apartment. If, after 4 months, you are ok with this treatment, proceed.
10. See Rule #1

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote