View Single Post
Old 09-15-2008, 08:59 PM   #55
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
I think that SC should play in the NC if they win out and I see them cruising through their schedule. However the past 3 years they have losses to Stanford, UCLA and Oregon State. So they have been prone to slip up at times. But I dont think the teams they have had the last 3 years are anything close to what they have now. JDB is not as good as Sanchez.
This is my whole point! SC has had 2 losses at home in the past 6 or so years....both to Stanford. Those losses cost them a shot at the NC game. Nothing is a given this year, either. The teams that BYu beat (and that evidence our alleged "greatness")...UW and UCLA......well, SC still has to play them. Judging from many BYU fans, I guess beating UW and UCLA is now the benchmark for NC readiness?

Given that anything can happen, I am really surprised that BYU fans here are thinking about the Sugar Bowl. most teams wind up losing a game during the season, even when they have it working on both sides of the ball. We are 3-0, not 8-0. Let's win a few more games and see what this defense really can do.

I can see how the coach has a really unique role in keeping players grounded. Surely there are players on every team that keep looking ahead and losing focus on the game on Saturday.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote