View Single Post
Old 09-19-2008, 10:08 PM   #81
Brian

Brian has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERCougar View Post
But you said the reason people are offended at Brocco's statements is that we claim God "has a hand in BYU winning games". Still waiting for the example of this one...

Correct me if I'm wrong--I'm just reading your post:

"I had a seminary teacher who said that the 84 season was part of the latter day work.
God directs the latter day work.

Quote:
He also said that the football program was a second set of missionaries.
God directs the missionary work in the LDS church.

Quote:
A kid down the street questioned my faith on numerous times because I wanted byu to lose on saturdays. Now we were both 10-13 during this time and I guess he could have thought this up on his own, but I'm guessing his mullah parents had something to do with it. Actually, I found out this guy died a few years ago and left 3 kids. Sad.
(And for the record, I could have kicked his ass if I had wanted to. He was a wiry twerp).
byu = god's university.
I'll admit I wasn't clear on this point. His questioning was along the lines of how could I not root for god's team?

Quote:
A guy in the ward saying that god really did want them to beat ucla in the bowl game.
**god** really did want them to beat ucla in the bowl game.

Quote:
My mother-in-law and sister-in-law (who are zoobs) were seriously shocked that a member in good standing could not want "the church to win on saturday". They chilled after I'd been around enough and they realized that I could be an ok fellow and still loathe the y."
byu == church. god controls church, god controls byu.
ditto on the clarity.