View Single Post
Old 09-19-2008, 10:11 PM   #82
Brian

Brian has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeUte View Post
i'm not going to take the bait.

for what it's worth, i know plenty of cougs who love for the U to lose and take great pride in those losses.

There are others on the board who claim to not care about anything outside of Y football - i.e. they don't care whether Utah loses or wins. This may be, but I have a hard time believing that a Y fan, who gets how the system works (i.e. BCS conferences and BCS bowls, and money money money) don't want the Utes to win. I actually cheered for the Y to beat Washington and UCLA because I want our conference to get to another level. It is clear that the U and the Y are never going to be invited to join the PAC 10 or as some believe, the Big 12 for BYU... It isn't that i root for BYU to win, i just am glad that they won and am impressed by their team. At the same time, it doesn't pain me at all when they lose like they did to Tulsa last year. i would rather that they don't, thought, because the big bowl money on a regular basis only helps the Utes, even if the Cougs or TCU are the ones going to the BCS bowl.

It is a conference thing for me, not a rivalry thing, and certainly not a church thing.
It's never been a church thing for me either. if utah's rival was csu, i'd care as much about byu as I do about SDSU.
Somebody has to take last place in the conference, I'd just prefer it be byu.
I'd rather utah and tcu be the torch bearers of the conference.