View Single Post
Old 09-26-2008, 04:05 PM   #37
BlueK

BlueK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
Good point. The past 3 weeks proves your point.

All conferences are equal. I am now convinced.

Go back since the MWC inception. What is BYU's record against BCS schools? Is it a winning margin? i dont know off the top of my head....i bet we dominate...
BYU is 13-13 against BCS teams since 1999. And that includes the Crowton years. Is that great? No. But few BCS teams would have a much better than .500 record in non-conference games agasinst other BCS teams. That's just basic statistics because in every such game there has to be a winner and a loser. We're in the middle of the pack at worst in those conferences over the last 10 years. Since Bronco the record is better than that. Conference games are a totally different animal. Familiarity, rivalry and other factors all play into it, and that increase parity within conferences. Baylor might give a team like Texas a much better game than they would play against USC. USC probably wouldn't have lost to OSU if they were in different conferences, and BYU would also probably occasionally beat a great team if we were in the same conference. I know one thing. On paper BYU is much better than Oregon State, as is Utah, who will most like take the Beavers to the woodshed.

Last edited by BlueK; 09-26-2008 at 04:14 PM.
BlueK is offline   Reply With Quote