View Single Post
Old 09-26-2008, 07:12 PM   #23
Levin

Levin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
Her finance acumen is already shining through. In response to a question about funneling the bailout through the middle class families instead of Wall Street.....

"That's why I say I, like every American I'm speaking with, we're ill about this position that we have been put in ... where it is the taxpayers looking to bail out. But ultimately, what the bailout does is help those who are concerned about the healthcare reform that is needed to help shore up our economy. Um, helping, oh -- it's got to be all about job creation too. Shoring up our economy, and putting it back on the right track. So healthcare reform and reducing taxes and reining in spending has got to accompany tax reductions, and tax relief for Americans, and trade, we've got to see trade as opportunity, not as a competitive, um, scary thing, but 1 in 5 jobs being created in the trade sector today. We've got to look at that as more opportunity. All of those things under the umbrella of job creation. This bailout is a part of that."

Whoever Palin's handlers are need to be fired. The quality of her interviews is going downhill, and this answer is a perfect illustration of why: they are strangling her with talking points, lists, and instructions. Palin is at her best when she's able to speek freely.

And she really needs to work on speaking in declarative sentences. The quoted sentence is atrocious.
"Now I say that I know the meaning of my life: 'To live for God, for my soul.' And this meaning, in spite of its clearness, is mysterious and marvelous. Such is the meaning of all existence." Levin, Anna Karenina, Part 8, Chapter 12
Levin is offline   Reply With Quote