View Single Post
Old 09-27-2008, 09:35 PM   #18
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
I recall the docs being widely public long before the bombings. Hoffman had become some kind of historical super sleuth, finding all kinds of Mormon docs dating back to the beginnings of The Church. Eveything he found became fairly well circulated quickly. Ute4ever's time line shows that the cat was out of the bag way before The Church finally purchased the document, even after The Church declined to buy it twice (thus confirming the rule of all salespeople that one must be rejected at least twice before getting the sale). The Church didn't seem in a hurry to buy it to bury it. Once it was purchased, it was out there for all to see and examine, bringing on very interesting arguments from apologists about salamanders as heavenly messengers.

I can certainly accept that The Church has not always been forthcoming, and has tried to keep certain aspects of its history from public view (certainly bothersome), but I don't know that this particular episode is part of that grand conspiracy. But I can understand why some might believe otherwise. Some people still think Danny Ainge bit Tree Rollins.
the church keeps all kinds of historical stuff hidden, that's indisputable. whether the salamander stuff was hidden is just one minor case examination.

Juanita Brooks' MMM book contained at the end an account of how she had been prevented from seeing documents by apostles.

Please folks, keep your eye on the ball.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote