View Single Post
Old 10-02-2008, 03:32 AM   #80
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
lol! And here is the actual segment.

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=4493093n

Hilarious! You can tell she has no clue how to respond. It looks all the worse after being contrasted with Biden's response.

Even funnier is that she agrees that the right to privacy is a fundamental constitutional right, and then is informed that the right to privacy forms the foundation of Roe v Wade, so then retreats back to federalism. What a train wreck.

Tex, if you are waiting for a blistering rebuke of Kelo, I have a feeling you are going to have to first explain to her that you don't mean fighting against the metric system.
My link has the actual video segment too.

Also, one can agree to a right to privacy (such as in the 4th amendment) and still disagree with the premise of Roe, nor is that inconsistent with federalism.

And let's not forget how wrong you (and the Politico) were about the initial report.

EDIT: The Corner notes further the responses of both recent SCOTUS picks to the same question:

Quote:
Roberts replied:

Senator, I do. The right to privacy is protected under the Constitution in various ways.

Alito replied:

Senator, I do agree that the Constitution protects a right to privacy.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young

Last edited by Tex; 10-02-2008 at 03:43 AM.
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote