View Single Post
Old 10-02-2008, 10:13 PM   #2
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthesian View Post
Why do we ask of others what we are not willing to do ourselves? Why do we present a standard when we don't live up to it as well? The LDS D&C tells us that we must forgive in order to be forgiven...why is this not practiced? Is it not a revelation from the Lord?

I have forgiven and I ask for forgiveness of the wrongs I have committed. It doesn't matter the circumstance...I will forgive.

We have all been wronged, but what is the purpose of holding a grudge? Does it provide us with pride in ourselves so that we may label others and denigrate them and thus perpetuating our own arrogance? Does it make us feel more spiritually superior? This sounds a lot like the Pharisees and the Sadducees.

Christianity in all forms has become arrogant. It wants its members to follow rules and abide a standard but does not wish to abide by the same. This is hypocrisy. If we allow this arrogance to continue then Christ atoned for nothing. We have learned nothing. We should be destroyed.

I pray that I may surpass such human imperfection and attempt to be more like the Christ of Christian scripture. I only say what I say because I am trying to learn from my mistakes and turn my shortcomings into beneficial moral principles. I call no one to repentance but myself and allow the God of this world to be my only judge.

Peace
Have you met jay santos yet? You and he would really get along.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote