View Single Post
Old 10-03-2008, 04:12 PM   #17
DrumNFeather
Active LDS Ute Fan

DrumNFeather is an unknown quantity at this point

My flight to Utah landed right at kick off and I got there when it was 3-3. When it was 20-9, it looked like the Utes were well on their way to a blowout, but they let Oregon St. get back in the game with turnovers and a couple other boneheaded plays.

I agree with CJ about the fans, I thought I was at a BYU game for a second there with all the booing going on.

I've come to a conclusion about Brian Johnson, while still not as bad as cougar fans want him to be, he's just not as good as everyone thought he would be...but I've become convinced more and more that his hype had more to do with Alex Smith than his own potential...bu I digress.

It was still a fun game to be at, and the celebration was what the excitement of college football was all about see: rushing the field at the Vegas Bowl or after beating Utah.

Overall, a win is a win, the Utes are 6-0 and have kind of amazingly been able to overcome (thus far) many of the things that made them drop games in the past.

At 28-20, I'd venture to guess that nobody gave them a shot to tie it up let alone winning it in regulation. So, they spent 58 minutes not showing a lot of heart, but those last 2 minutes or so, I thought they showed quite a bit of heart.

I'm still waiting for them to put it together for 4 quarters, but thus far, not putting it together for 4 quarters hasn't hurt them...yet.
DrumNFeather is offline   Reply With Quote