View Single Post
Old 10-06-2008, 04:25 PM   #46
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
Again, you fundamentally misunderstand.

What "system" are the BCS conferences gaming? They created the system. It is their construct. They created all the rules. They created the formulas.

The BCS was not designed to give us the best games possible. It was designed to maxmize revenues within the 6 BCS conferences.

I guess that is why you struggle with this. You honestly believe that the BCS was put together for the fans. No wonder this is frustrating.
Each team now games the system.

SEC teams might occasionally schedule one interesting intersectional game and two sure home wins. Then we're left SEC ugly ball, we're 10-7 game is considered a wonderful contest.

And they know they can have two losses and still make it to the BCS NC game. If I were God of College Football, I'd disqualify any SEC team which didn't play three grand intersectional games and make it through the schedule unscathed. I know the BCS is there to screw the fans and to make money for BCS conferences.

It's a public spectator sport, so they must please us by giving us the best games possible. And non BCS who demonstrated panache and flair should be able to make it in seasons when none of the BCS have made it.