View Single Post
Old 10-07-2008, 04:36 PM   #68
cougarobgon

cougarobgon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
The irony of this statement is that the Church never leaves anyone alone. If they are not still sending their home teachers or other emissaries, look out, they are no doubt attempting to play an angle on your children's psyche. Or, they are spending millions trying to deny you your liberty.

Am I the only one who sees exquisite irony in the LDS Church's plea to apostates, "Just leave us alone!" This is one way in which the LDS Church is monstrously hypocritical.
As long as an individual is on the records of the Church, the Church will attempt to contact that individual. If an individual requests no contact, but does not request their names to be removed, local leaders will most likely leave them alone with only ocassional or periodic visits. Although it is rare, there have been individuals who after many years of no contact, return to full fellowship. There is no hypcrosy in seeking after the "one" we believe is lost and consider to be our brother.

The message brought to that "lost" individual is one of fellowship and good tidings. The apostates message is typically one filled with criticism and for some, even hate. I have yet to meet an apostate who was sincere in his new found beliefs and/or unbelief that showed a concern for the eternal welfare of my soul...the message the apostate typically shares is one of criticism in their attempt to disprove the Church. Quite a contrast from the Church's message of search, ponder, and pray.
cougarobgon is offline   Reply With Quote