View Single Post
Old 10-08-2008, 01:30 AM   #49
PaloAltoCougar

PaloAltoCougar is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
If I were asked to give the prayer at the game, I would ask everyone to kneel first.
You should first invite those with unkind feelings toward anyone in the stadium to leave. It would be cool to see your board adversaries have to get up and walk out while we waited impatiently.

And BYU should just call on people randomly to offer the prayer, like those prizes given to people at halftime. "And tonight's R.C. Willey Invocation will be offered by the lucky fan seated in,,,,,,,,SECTION 142, ROW 12 SEAT 4 !!!!" A deacon could pass a portable mike to the winner.

Somewhat more seriously, although the prayers often seem a bit perfunctory, I remember the prayer given before the Georgia Tech game. It was really very good and, as much as one could expect before an event in which a bunch of pituitary cases start ripping heads off, brought a nice spirit to the occasion. A Tech fan I walked out with commented on it and was very impressed. All you Utes who deride the concept of BYU Football being a missionary tool, take THAT!
PaloAltoCougar is offline   Reply With Quote